Today, it seems like shaving has become somewhat of a lost art. Too many men have turned to an electrical razor, thinking that this saves time; however, the shave with an electrical razor simply does not compare to the shave that men enjoy with double edge razors. Even men who use a manual razor often reach for a disposable one. When it comes to using double edge razors, there are a few benefits that everyone should note.
The Benefits of Using Double Edge Razors
There are several benefits of using these classic shaving razors for men. The benefits of this men’s razor include:
- Lower Cost: For those who use a typical 4-blade razor, an 8-pack can cost more than $20. That is some serious change. On the other hand, the cost of a double-edged safety razor comes in around $.25. Before long, men will realize that they have saved some serious money by going with double-edged safety razors.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: Shaving with a double-edged safety razor produces less waste than typical cartridge razors. The only waste that comes with a double-edged safety razor is a single metal razor blade and some of the lather that goes down the sink. Furthermore, the blade can be recycled. The same cannot be said of the alternatives.
- Closer Shave: Of course, the biggest benefit of using a double-edged safety razor is that the shave is going to be much closer. The vast majority of men today walk around not realizing that their shave was horrible. The use electric razors that irritate the skin, leaving behind redness and razor burn. A double-edged safety razor will not produce this problem.
These are a few of the most important benefits to note.
The Technique of a Close Shave
In order to use a double-edged safety razor, there are a few steps to follow. These include:
- Prep the face adequately. Try to shave immediately after showering because the whiskers will be soft. A hot towel is always helpful.
- Next, lather the hair. Take a small dollop of shaving cream, place it in a mug, and swirl the cream around with water. Then, apply the lather to the whiskers using a circular motion.
- Finally, shave it. Try to use as little pressure as possible with the double-edged safety razor. Angle the blade away from the face. Try to shave with the grain to avoid razor burn. Remember that the goal is to reduce the whiskers, not remove them.
These tips should lead to a smooth shave with a double-edged safety razor.
Invest in a Classic Safety Razor
When it comes to a men’s razor, there is nothing that compares to a double-edged safety razor. This will provide the closest shave possible, leading to improved self-confidence and self-esteem. Anyone who is looking to learn more about a double-edged safety razor should contact us today to see what we have to offer! Let us help you get the closest shave possible